Sunday, October 12, 2014

Cover Characteristic: Suspended in Air


Hosted by Sugar & Snark

Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favorite cover’s with that characteristic. 




#5
Title:  Creatus
Series:  Creatus, Book #1
Author:  Carmen DeSousa (Twitter)
Genre:  YA, Paranormal Romance, Fantasy

Ancient myths, superheroes, vampires... Forget everything you've heard.

For four thousand years, creatus have concealed themselves from the humans who almost hunted them to extinction. Now, one rogue wants the world to know they exist.

The Creatus Series is not your normal paranormal story... It's a realistic romantic mystery based on the myths you've heard your entire life. Prepare to believe...

Why I Picked It: It's got some amazing elements. I love how the breaking of dawn cuts through all the blue and black tones. I love how graceful her pose is, like a swan dive. And I love the wax-pressed seal. Just gorgeous.


Creatus (Creatus, #1) Creatus (Creatus, Book 1)



-
#4
Title:  Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft
Series:  Audrey's Guides, Book #1
Author:  Jody Gehrman
Genre:  YA, Paranormal, Witches, Magic

Falling in Love, baking a magical cake, fighting an evil necromancer—it’s all in a day’s work for Audrey Oliver, seventeen-year-old witch-in-training.

When her mother goes missing and her twenty-one-year-old witchy cousin shows up out of the blue, Audrey knows something’s gone horribly, dangerously wrong. Now it’s up to her to get her own magical powers up to speed before everyone she loves is destroyed by the sorcerer intricately connected to her mother’s secret past.

Why I Picked It: This cover is all kinds of sinister. From the oddly colored greenish black background to the way her head lists to the side, obscuring her face. I absolutely love the dress, and how it seems to end in flames!!!

Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft (Audrey's Guides, Book #1) Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft (Audrey's Guides, Book #1)

-
#3
Title:  One
Series:  One Universe, Book #1
Author:  LeighAnn Kopans (Twitter)
Genre:  YA, Fantasy, Paranormal

When having two powers makes you a Super and having none makes you a Normal, having only one makes you a sad half-superpowered freak.

It makes you a One.

Sixteen-year-old Merrin Grey would love to be able to fly – too bad all she can do is hover.

If she could just land an internship at the Biotech Hub, she might finally figure out how to fix herself. She busts her butt in AP Chem and salivates over the Hub’s research on the manifestation of superpowers, all in hopes of boosting her chances.

Then she meets Elias VanDyne, another One, and all her carefully crafted plans fly out the window. Literally. When the two of them touch, their Ones combine to make them fly, and when they’re not soaring over the Nebraska cornfields, they’re busy falling for each other.

Merrin's mad chemistry skills land her a spot on the Hub's internship short list, but as she gets closer to the life she always wanted, she discovers that the Hub’s purpose is more sinister than it has always seemed. Now it’s up to her to decide if it's more important to fly solo, or to save everything - and everyone - she loves.




Why I Picked It: How could I not? The angel wing constellations are breathtaking. I love all the color palette, as well.

One (One Universe #1) One (One Universe #1)

-
#2
Title:  Shadow of the Mark
Series:  Carrier, Book #2
Author:  Leigh Fallon 
Genre:  YA, Fantasy, Paranormal

Their love could destroy them all.

Through the ages, Marked Ones have harnessed the powers of the four elements: Water, Fire, Earth, and Air. Much about the elements is shrouded in mystery, but one thing is certain: A relationship between two Marked Ones has the potential to cause widespread devastation.

Megan and Adam—Air and Water—are determined to defy the risks.

But the power that swirls inside Megan is growing in twisted ways. And the closer she is to Adam, the closer Megan comes to unleashing a dark force that could spell destruction for the entire Marked line.


Why I Picked It: First, that dress is absolutely gorgeous, especially toward the bottom with the gradient of purples.  I love how it's rippling in the sky, almost mimicking the stormy weather in the background. The contrast between the lilac dress in the foreground and the turbulent black sky in the background is also beautiful.

Shadow of the Mark (Carrier #2) Shadow of the Mark (Carrier #2)

-



Title: PineLight
Series: PineLight, Book #1
Author: Jillian Peery (Twitter)
GenresYA, Fantasy, Paranormal


I loved him-that was my torment. And I was losing him all over again. Walls crumbled all around me. An undeniable force pulled at my core. I tried to fight it, I tried to deny it the power, but I was weak. I felt pain in my side, and I knew that this dark force was winning. My veins started to burn, and I screamed, but it didn't stop.

Thrilling and seductive, PINELIGHT is a bittersweet love story submerged in a dark and beautiful world.


Why I Picked It: This book is no stranger to this meme. It was my choice way back when; I believe for the theme of trees.

There is such beauty in the simplicity of PineLight's cover. Maybe it's because of the stark whiteness of the dress and the moon against the deep blues and greens of the forest scene. It's also in the way that she's suspended in air... It's absolutely magical and breathtaking.

I'm including the book trailer, because I feel in love with the song, My Turn to Evil by Letters Vs. Numbers.















PineLight (PineLight #1)


PineLight (PineLight #1)




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment