Monday, March 31, 2014

Making Up for Monday: Favorite Fictional Villain




Each week, I will have a book-related theme or game, or something fun to do that week. And you can play along! All you have to do is find the question for that week, go to your own blog, write a post that day based on that question, and link your post to this one using the link up tool at the bottom of the post.

This Week's Question

Who is your favorite fictional villain?


My Answer:
Just one, eh. Now that's just crazy. Like handing me a bowl of ice cream and saying "just one bite." I've been reading for so long that I could never narrow it down to just one villain from a book, or even just one villain in a book series.

This is not a ranked list; I think that would be impossible for me to do. Also, the villans listed below are just those that came to mind while I was writing this post. If I took a few weeks, than maybe just maybe I could write down each one and every one:
  • Queen Mab, Gentleman Johnny Marcone, Nicodemus, Lara Raith, the Merlin, Lash and Santa Claus from Jim Butcher's "The Dresden Files" series -- Having read all 15 books in the series this far, I've racked up quite the list. Butcher has a knack for writing badass villains with awesome personalities that you just have to like. Oh yeah, I cannot forget to include Harry's sense of chivalry. That characteristic always seems to kick him in the arse. 
  • Ming Labon, Santano Enrique, Shoshanna & Henry Scott and Silence from Nalini Singh's "Psy/Changeling" series -- such a complex world with so many evil baddies. Singh is a master world builder and storyteller. I love this series so much.
  • Professor Snape from J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter" series -- Even after all the horrible things he did, I still love him.
  • Mab Monroe from Jennifer Estep's "Elemental Assassin" series -- She's one of those who is just so cool and level headed. 
  • Cersei Lannister from George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire"series -- I just love to love her. In a world run by men, Cersei is gets a bad rap. I completely sympathize with her, though she is in fact quite the bitch.
  • President Snow from Suzanne Collin's "Hunger Game" series -- I completely HATED this guy!!!
  • The Edison Group from Kelley Armstrong's The Darkest Powers" series -- Derek Souza's enemy is my enemy, lol.
  • Warner from Tahereh Mafi's "Shatter Me" series -- This guy. Swoon...
  • The Grand Witch from Roald Dahl's The Witches -- Dahl was one of my favorite authors growing up and definitely helped further my desire to read. 
  • Ms. Trunchbull from Roald Dahl's Matilda -- Matilda was so awesome,. 
  • The Snowman from R.L. Stine's "Point Horror"series -- This is an important one for me, because this was the first book I read as a young teen and learned that villains can be sexy. 
  • Vicious from Hajime Yatate's "Cowboy Bebop" manga series -- I'm cheating with this one because I haven't actually read the manga series, I just saw the anime. But I was so in love with this guy...




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment