Saturday, May 31, 2014

Book Review: Easy (Contours of the Heart #1) by Tammara Webber

Book Series: Contours of the Heart, Book 1
Author: Tammara Webber
Genres: New Adult
Format: Audiobook
Length: 8 hrs and 48 mins 

Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…

He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.





Let me just have my fangirl moment and say -- omigod omigod omigod! I EFFING loved this book!!!

Normally a pretty skeptical when it comes book for all about romance; often they seem a little too contrived. I have to admit that I at first thought this book might fall in the same category after I read the dust jacket description. Thankfully - I was completely wrong.

Before I get into any kind of critique about the overall story, I have to make a remark about the pacing. For me, this was perfect! Too many times with stories like this - with characters on drawn together on such a deep level that they don't truly understand, nor can ignore - there's something that's always left out. An actual reason why they're so drawn to each other, or how they they got closer as time passed. Other stories have the tendency to just hit the ground running with an attraction that they can't deny and we are just supposed to accept it. Thankfully, this too, did not happen.

First off, I completely commend Webber for creating a "bad boy with a brain", or simply a fully-developed character. I was glad that there wasn't a smart boy named Landon and then this other bad boy named Lucas; but rather a person with more than one side. A Landon/Lucas if you will. What I appreciated even more, was that this guy who was drawn to her so much actually took his time to getting to know Jacqueline - even if it was at a distance. And especially that the things that he like an appreciated about her were actual traits she possessed. Not what's on the surface for all to see, but what was inside.

Another thing I enjoyed was the sensitivity and care this book took while dealing with the topic of rape. I really did appreciate how everything came together in such a understandable picture, no matter how painful it was to experience along with the characters.

When I like stories, I really don't like to break them down; picking them apart doesn't seem right to me when I appreciate its journey from start to finish as a whole. So, I'm not going to.

What I will say is that the character development was well defined, the plot was fully thought out - and was enjoyable - and that the balance between humor and seriousness was spot on. I really like the journey that Jacqueline and Lucas went on; more than that, I especially loved to knowing that this superb story had a good reason for its title.

But, most of all, I loved how to Jacqueline became a stronger person, and how was Lucas was a major part of that. Furthermore, in the end, her strength made Lucas a stronger person and brought him to the recovery that he needed that was so long overdue. How their feelings for each other, in turn, made them better people.

But anyway, blah blah blah. I give it 5 stars. For me, it was perfect. There was nothing not to love - it was easy :)





“Love is not the absence of logic but logic examined and recalculated heated and curved to fit inside the contours of the heart”


“He took one of my hands in his, and I brought the other to his face, wondering how his eyes could look like chipped ice and still warm me to my core.”


“I watched him pull his t-shirt over his head. I could put him on replay doing that and watch it all day...”


“Keep looking at me,” she said, laughing as though we were having an amusing conversation. “He’s staring at you. And I mean staring. That boy is undressing you with his eyes. Can you feel it?” Her expression was triumphant.

Could I feel his stare? I can now, thanks, I thought.”


I think that Tara did an excellent job. I can't say that she didn't have a big part in me loving this book as much as I did. I would listen to another one of her audiobooks based on this performance alone.



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment