Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Happy Skin Game Launch Day!!!!!!!

It's here, it's here!

It's been a long, long ... long time coming, but Skin Game by Jim Butcher released today. For those of who who don't know, it's the 15th book from the wonderful, masterfully hilarious and much beloved series, The Dresden Files. Like any crazed audiobook fan, I downloaded my copy at midnight and have since, not gotten any sleep....

Why you ask? Because I had to make the trip down to my favorite independent bookstore, Mysterious Galaxy Redondo Beach, to get a good spot in the line for tonight's signing. That's right -- I get to meet Jim Butcher tonight! And behold -- I am number 10 in line! Yes, I rule!!!


I am so happy that I get to meet Jim. So,  so so so so so friggin' happy. Last month in a Top Ten Tuesday post, Top Ten Bookish Things (That Aren't Books), I mentioned that I wanted to meet him in the near future. I had no idea that the near future would be the following month!

Okay, time to get some shut eye before tonight. Squee, so excited.

LATER THIS EVENING...

Meeting Jim was as amazing as I thought it would be. His sense of humor is fantastic and he had some shared some really great insights on writing. I could go into specifics, but I think any fan of his would benefit most from meeting him in-person. Do what you can to get it done. I've got no regrets :)




No comments:

Post a Comment