Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cover Characteristic: Steampunk


Hosted by Sugar & Snark

Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favorite cover’s with that characteristic. 





#5
Author: Gail Carriger
Why I Picked It: I love the atmosphere of this cover. I like how she seems so prim and proper and the world around her is greyed out and chaotic. And I especially like the gargoyle.

#4
Book Title: Whitechapel Gods
Author: S.M. Peters
Why I Picked It: Victorian meets the Devil. i's so creepy looking, I just had to pick it!

#3
Why I Picked It: This is another cover with great atmosphere. I love the pose of the woman in the front. She emotes sexiness with power.


#2
Author: Cassandra Clare
Why I Picked It:  It's simply gorgeous!



TitleThe Map of Time
Book SeriesTrilogía Victoriana, Book #1
Author: Félix J. Palma
Genre: Steampunk, Historical Fiction
Release Date:  June 2011


Set in Victorian London with characters real and imagined, The Map of Time boasts a triple play of intertwined plots in which a skeptical H.G. Wells is called upon to investigate purported incidents of time travel and to save lives and literary classics, including Dracula and The Time Machine, from being wiped from existence.

What happens if we change history? The author explores this question in the novel, weaving an historical fantasy as imaginative as it is exciting—a story full of love and adventure that transports readers to a haunting setting in Victorian London for their own taste of time travel.

Why I Picked It: Even though this isn't a genre that I've explored, to me this cover just screams Steampunk. The top hat, the devices, the coloring...












 The Map of Time (Trilogía Victoriana #1)

The Map of Time (Trilogía Victoriana, #1)




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment