Saturday, February 8, 2014

Book Review: Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth


Book Series: Divergent, Book #2
Author: Veronica Roth
Genres: YA, Dystopian, 
Format: Audiobook (Audible)
NarratorEmma Galvin
Length11 hrs and 22 mins
Insurgent (Divergent #2)


My Ranking:


I have done bad things. I can’t take them back, and they are part of who I am.

Tris has survived a brutal attack on her former home and family. But she has paid a terrible price. Wracked by grief and guilt, she becomes ever more reckless as she struggles to accept her new future.

Yet if Tris wants to uncover the truth about her world, she must be stronger than ever… because more shocking choices and sacrifices lie ahead.




Wow - what a fantastic story! I really like the nonstop action that Roth is able to achieve without loosing focus on her plot.

It was really interesting too get a look at some of the other factions. Amity definitely wasn't what I thought it would be nor was Candor. Every faction was shaped by the people inside it than the principle it was supposed to stand for; especially he leaders.

I especially appreciate the realness of the relationships between Tris and Tobias. If they agreed with each other on everything, then I think it would go against their nature. It's nice to experience such a grounded relationship. There foundation is there love for each other, but their emotions, thoughts, actions and the world's influence chips away at it. Very real and mature!

Also - the ending was MONUMENTALLY satisfactory! Did not drop the ball or feel like just a seaway to the next book. I really like the journey that Tris has gone through. She's still a great heroine - love this series! I can't wait for more!



Emma Galvin is a phenomenal voice actress and my absolute favorite. She's brings her characters to life effortlessly, and can capture even the tiniest emotion with her vocal inflection. I have have almost finished every audiobook she's ever read. Yes, she's that good. And if you don't agree, don't even bother saying so. You can't convince me otherwise!







Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Although I didn't love Insurgent as much as you did, I did really enjoy getting to see how the other factions were like. I really enjoyed the audio book reader too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it had a lot to do with the pacing. It felt like a very slow build that completely explodes in to action. It's cliffhanger left me excited to learn what next instead of the typical... being annoyed.

      Delete