Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: Rereading Books



I created Thoughtful Thursday, because bookish thoughts kept popping up in my mind while reading, and I wanted to explore these questions and get your opinions too!

Each week, I will post a new bookish thought that I will discuss. Everyone is welcome to join. You can do this in two different ways. (1) You can discuss your thoughts in the comment section of the Thoughtful Thursday post. OR (2) You can post your thoughts on your site. If you do option two, please link back to the Thoughtful Thursday post, use the Thoughtful Thursday graphic, and add your name/post to the Linky widget. If the Linky is closed, feel free to add to add the link in the comment section.



This Week's Topic/Question



Do you reread books? Is it a priority or a tradition for you?




My Answer:

Abso-friggin'-lutely, I do!!! What's better than discovering an wonderful book/series, you say? Obsessively rereading or re-listening to the audiobook for the rest of your life! In all seriousness, if a book is great it's worth revisiting. I can't think of a good reason not to. Of the two options, I'd say it's more of a tradition for me.

Audiobooks have only flamed the fires of my rereading madness. I have re-listened to below audiobooks at least three times. Yes, this includes all the books the series.

  • Ready Player One by Ernie Cline (narrated by Wil Wheaton)
  • The Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong (narrated by Cassandra Morris)
  • The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher (narrated by James Marsters)
  • Psy/Changeling series by Nalini Singh (narrated by Angela Dawe)
I've listened to Ready Player One the most because it's a single book, and Wil Wheaton's performance it absolutely perfect! Also, I've been pretty obsessive about my love for The Darkest Powers series audiobooks. I'd say I listen to the full series every four-six months. I can't help it. But with that one, I actually read the hardbacks the first go-round.

The funny thing is... The Dresden Files currently has me spellbound. I haven't made any progress all month because i'm currently revisiting the beloved series and I can't think about anything else....






Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I loved Ready Player One so much that I recommend it to everyone. EVERYONE! But I never re-read books. Never. Once I know the end there is no need at all to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really???? I could never. Books are like fine wine, great food or gourmet desserts. Once you find something you love they must be indulged again and again and again!!! But to each their own I guess.

      Delete
  2. You must be excited about the new Dresden book that is coming out soon (April, I think?)! I love Wil Wheaton so much as well. I wish that I had listened to the audio book instead of reading the ebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skin Game comes out May 27, 2014 to be exact and yes, I am excited. This series is getting better and better with age.

      Well... if you ever get the urge to try out the RP1 audiobook, I'd be more than happy to share it with you.

      Delete