Monday, June 2, 2014

Making Up for Monday: Watch TV?



Each week, there will be a book-related theme or game, or something fun to do that week. And you can play along! All you have to do is find the question for that week and write a post that day based on that question.

This Week's Topic/Question:
We are all readers but, who owns a TV? Why, or why not?

My Answer:
I own a television. Do I use it often? No. I haven't turned it on in the past year. That doesn't mean I don't watch television shows, though. These days, I pretty much live and breathe off of my computer, and that's where I watch TV.

There are somethings that I will always be on the look out for (listed below). There are somethings that ended too soon (Fox's Firefly & Wonderfalls, BBC One's Luther, E4's Skins, and Channel One's Sugar Rush).

My current can't miss shows are:
  • HBO's Game of Thrones
  • FOX's So You Think You Can Dance
  • BBC ONE's Sherlock
  • Cinemax's Banshee
  • Showtime's Shameless
  • Logo's RuPaul's Drag Race (Bianca Del Rio & Jinx Monsoon are my girls!)
  • CBS's Big Bang Theory
  • BBC America's Orphan Black
  • Showcase's Bitten & Lost Girl
  • Netflix's Orange Is The New Black
  • STARZ's Black Sails
  • MTV's Awkward.
  • and pretty much any and every BBC period piece

My current guilty pleasures are:
  • MTV's "The Challenge" franchise (I love CT & TJ Lavin!!!) 
  • Fox's "Next Top Model" franchise (in Asia, Africa, Australia, Britain & New Zealand more so than the US)
  • Canada & Britain's Big Brother (hopefully in the US this year; couldn't deal with the racism last time)
  • Oxygen's Bad Girls Club & Bad Girls Club All Star Battle
  • Oxygen's The Face 
  • CBS's Survivor
  • SyFy's Defiance
  • all shows about crazy ladies on Oxygen & Investigation Discovery (think Snapped & Who The Bleep Did I Marry)
To be honest, I think it's silly to be a fan of stories and to not watch television. That's who we are as readers, and if the writing is good and it's on television  -- I'm watching. Do I think spending countless hours watching all the crap on Cable TV is healthily? No, that's why I gave it up.

I also watch movies, as well. Again when they're good or when they include my favorite actors & actresses (my can't miss list includes: Ryan Gosling, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ben Foster, Gary Oldman, Jason Momoa, Benedict Cumberbach, Jennifer Lawrence, Christina Ricci, and Thora Birch). 





Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment