Sunday, August 24, 2014

Cover Characteristic: Bare Feet


Hosted by Sugar & Snark

Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favorite cover’s with that characteristic. 







#5
Book Title:: Someone Like You 
Author:: Sarah Dessen (Facebook  |  Twitter)
Why I Picked It:: I just like the look and feel of this one. Something about it screams "first love" to me , and the heart in the sand just makes its adorable.
Where To Find It:: Add to Goodreads & Buy on Amazon




#4
Book Title:: The Unwritten Rule 
Author:: Elizabeth Scott
Why I Picked It:: I think the positioning of their bodies is really clever. From the distance that they're sitting apart and the way there feet are planted says "totally platonic, nothing romantic going on here." But her toes on his feet... well, that tells me someone has a secret.
Where To Find It:: Add to Goodreads & Buy on Amazon

#3
Book Title;: One Moment 
Why I Picked It:: I like the calm serenity of this cover. It looks a captured moment. A glimpse of someone in their special place; where they go to think and reflect. Very reminiscent to the synopsis of the book.
Where To Find It:: Add to Goodreads & Buy on Amazon

#2
Book Title;: Book of Love (Knight Angels, Book #1)
Author;: Abra Ebner
Why I Picked It:: No need to break it down; everything about this cover is just gorgeous.
Where To Find It:: Add to GoodreadsBuy on Amazon



Title: Charmed Thirds
Book Series: (Jessica Darling, Book #3)
Genres: YA, Contemporary, New Adult
Author: Megan McCafferty (Facebook | Twitter)
Format: Paperback
Length: 359 pages

Jessica Darling's in college!

Things are looking up for Jessica Darling. She has finally left her New Jersey hometown/hellhole for Columbia University in New York City; she's more into her boyfriend, Marcus Flutie, than ever (so what if he's at a Buddhist college in California?); and she's making new friends who just might qualify as stand-ins for her beloved best friend, Hope.

But Jessica soon realizes that her bliss might not last. She lands an internship at a snarky Brooklyn-based magazine, but will she fit in with the uberhip staff (and will she even want to)? As she and Marcus hit the rocks, will she end up falling for her GOPunk, neoconservative RA . . . or the hot (and married!) Spanish grad student she's assisting on a summer project . . . or the oh-so-sensitive emo boy down the hall? Will she even make it through college now that her parents have cut her off financially? And what do the cryptic one-word postcards from Marcus really mean?



Why I Picked It: This book is the third from one of the first contemporary YA series I read and subsquenly loved. I love the sassiness of the pose, though I don't feel that it fit Jessica's character. I love the flower between her toes. For anyone who hasn't read these books, the first two were really great... although, I never finished the series beyond this book. On my TBR.










Charmed Thirds (Jessica Darling, Book #3)


Charmed Thirds (Jessica Darling, Book #3)




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment