Monday, August 25, 2014

Making Up for Monday: Author you read the most books from?



Each week, there will be a book-related theme or game, or something fun to do that week. And you can play along! All you have to do is find the question for that week and write a post that day based on that question.

This Week's Topic/Question:
Which author have you read the most books from?

My Answer:
Hmmmm. I could answer this in two ways. It's a toss up for me, the answer being either Jim Butcher  or Richelle Mead...
If I go by numbers alone, Jim Butcher wins. I'm always raving about his The Dresden Files series, which is currently at 15 books in the series. The 15th book, Skin Game, came out earlier this summer and is the only one I haven't read (mostly because I started rereading the series earlier this year... almost done). So for Jim, I've read 14 books plus I'm currently reading Side Jobs, his book of The Dresden Files novellas.

However, if you consider body of work, Richelle Mead is the winner. I was introduced to her through her YA series Vampire Academy; I read 5 of the 6-book series and subsequently haven't read the spinoff series Bloodlines. Mostly, this is because I discovered her adult series and loved them. Her Georgina Kincaid/Succubus series (6 books) was my gateway to adult books and is one of my most beloved series. Then I also read 3 of her 4 book Dark Swan series and read about half of Book 1 from her Age of X series, so not counting that. That also brings the number to 14... oh. It's a true tie, lol.






Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment