Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cover Characteristic: Cowboys/Cowgirls


Hosted by Sugar & Snark

Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favorite cover’s with that characteristic. 






#5
Book Title:: Brokeback Mountain (Wyoming Stories)
Author:: Annie Proulx 
Why I Picked It:: I absolutely loved the movie. I think it's one of the most beautiful and tragic love stories. I also loved the movie poster so much, so it's easy. Plus, anything to see Heath Ledger again. R.I.P., gone way too soon.

Where To Find It:: Add to Goodreads & Buy on Amazon




#4
Book Title:: The Trouble With Love (Texas Trouble, Book #2)
Author:: Becky McGraw (Twitter)
Why I Picked It:: It's just hot. Point blank period. I haven't read this series, but I'm adding it to my neverending TBR.


Where To Find It:: Add to Goodreads & Buy on Amazon

#3
Book Title;: Shoulda Been a Cowboy (Rough Riders, Book #7)
Author:; Lorelei James (FacebookTwitter)
Why I Picked It:: I discovered Lorelei James by chance, browsing through audiobooks. I'd never read erotica before and I'd never had much interest in cowboys, Wyoming, the ranch live or rodeos. Not the case anymore... everything the Wyoming ranch life and rodeoing fascinates me, thanks to Lorelei and her sexy, sexy cowboys. Yeehaw! Particularly with this book, Cam is my second favorite of the McKay brothers and I liked his story -- about a soldier returning home after a life-altering injury and finding love.

Where To Find It:: Add to Goodreads & Buy on Amazon

#2
Book Title;: Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, Book #2)
Author;: Lorelei James (Facebook | Twitter)
Why I Picked It:: As I mentioned, I discovered Lorelei via her audiobooks, and it was with this series. Scarlett Chase, the narrator, is stellar! She's the perfect companion to Lorelei's steamy writing! I selected this book because number one, it's hot; number two, Bran Turner is definitely my type, I loved Harper and I think their story is beautiful; and number three, it's this was my favorite book in the series until I discovered my next and final pick. Drum roll please...

Where To Find It:: Add to Goodreads & Buy on Amazon (The book on my Amazon link has a different cover, but also hot pick and looks to be the same model!)



Title: Wrangled and Tangled 
Book Series: (Blacktop Cowboys, Book #3)
Genres: Western Romanic, Erotica
Author: Lorelei James (Facebook | Twitter)
Format: Audiobook (Audible)
Length: 10 hrs and 18 mins

The West was not so wild for Janie Fitzhugh. Living with her rancher husband, Abe Lawson, in rural Wyoming nearly broke her spirit, so she left. But eight years later, she returns to Muddy Gap to take a job at a new resort. When an unexpected danger arises, Abe seizes the chance to protect Janie and prove he's a changed man.

Janie's employer at the Split Rock Ranch and Resort, Renner Jackson, has gotten himself tangled up in a devil's bargain trying to finish the construction. His new partner's daughter, Tierney Pratt, is a spoiled daddy's girl and off-limits-no matter how drop-dead gorgeous she is. But Tierney's got her own secret reasons for keeping the rough-and-tumble cowboy at a distance.

When things get down and dirty at the resort, Abe and Renner must saddle up and fight to rope in the women they can't imagine living without.



Why I Picked It: I LURVE this book! I love the relationship between Renner and Tierney -- love love love it! There banter is hilarious and their story/relationship is easily my favorite of this series. I also loved Janie and Abe's story.

I've re-listened to this audiobook a lot! Most recently, last week, lol. Anyone who likes a little funny with their steamy, check it out! But read the first two first -- I'd never recommend starting in the middle of a series. Shudders ... so against my reading principles. Book #1 is first for a reason; start there! Also, the individual stories are fantastic in their own right, and it's about community, Muddy Gap, so you'd get lost with characters popping up from other books.











Wrangled and Tangled (Blacktop Cowboys #3) by Lorelei James

Charmed Thirds (Jessica Darling, Book #3)




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment