Friday, January 30, 2015

Book Beginnings & The Friday 56: How to Run with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper



"Book Beginnings" is a weekly event that shares the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. "The Friday 56" is also a weekly event, sharing a sentence from page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)


My Pick This Week:  How to Run with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper
If Gordie Fugate didn’t hurry the hell up and pick out a cereal, I was going to bludgeon him with a canned ham.

I didn’t mind working at Emerson’s Dry Goods, but I was wrapping up a sixteen-hour shift. My back ached. My stiff green canvas apron was chafing my neck. And one of the Glisson twins had dropped a gallon jar of mayo on my big toe earlier. I hadn’t been this exhausted since doing an emergency rotation during my medical residency. The only nice thing I could say about working at Emerson’s was that the owner hadn’t asked for photo identification when I applied, eliminating an awful lot of worry for my undocumented self. Also, I usually dealt with less blood.

Unless, of course, I did bludgeon Gordie with the ham, which would result in a serious amount of cleanup in aisle five.
~ p. 1 


This was my cue to exit, before he could pull me into some other bizarre werewolf bullshit or vice versa. “OK, then, well, if you’re feeling all right, I’ll just toddle along.”

I had just managed to get the door open when he yanked it closed again.

I glared up at him. “This is becoming really annoying.”

“Where are you going?” he asked.

I wanted to keep that information to myself, to be able to walk away from this situation feeling some dignity about the way I’d handled myself. Also, he just wasn’t entitled to know. So all I said was “South.”

He smiled. “Just ‘south’?”

“Southern Alaska,” I added.

“Thank you for clarifying. And what a coincidence. I was heading that way myself.”

I deadpanned, “You don’t say.
~ p. 56 

My Thoughts:
Molly Harper's "snarky romance with a bite" is right up my alley. She has me cracking up; this post could have been chock full of quotes. While this series isn't my favorite of hers, I did love this book.

You can see my review here, How To Run With A Naked Werewolf - a mini review.


Book Synopsis: 

Title: How to Run with a Naked Werewolf
Book Series: Naked Werewolf, Book #3
Author: Molly Harper (Facebook | Twitter)
Genres: Humor, Romance, Urban Fantasy
Format: Audiobook (Amazon | Audible)
Narrators: Amanda Ronconi
Length: 8 hours & 39 minutes
Release Date: December 31, 2013
Reading Challenges: 2015 Goodreads Challenge, 2015 Audiobook Challenge

Down, Boy...

Anna Moder has just witnessed a shooting, seen her car pulverized, and rescued a wounded stranger only to discover he’s really a werewolf. And by her recent standards, things are actually looking up. Lycanthropes don’t faze Anna. Doctoring a wolf pack outside Grundy, Alaska, is the closest thing to home life she’s known in years. But hitching a ride to Anchorage with long-absent pack member Caleb Graham—that’s a risk. Part of her itches to whack his nose with a newspaper. The rest is trying unsuccessfully to keep her own paws off every delicious inch of him.

The problem is—Caleb employs his lupine tracking abilities as a notquite- legal bounty hunter, and Anna is suspicious of both him and his profession. On the run from her past, with old problems closing in, she’d like to stay far, far away from anybody with connections to the law. Caleb, however, seems determined to keep her close. Are his intentions noble, or is he working a more predatory angle?

Anna’s been dreaming of returning to a semi-normal life, but now she’s experiencing a strange new urge...to join Caleb in running with the wolves.


How to Run with a Naked Werewolf |How to Run with a Naked Werewolf







Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment