Monday, April 13, 2015

Making Up for Monday: Why Do You Read?



Each week, there will be a book-related theme or game, or something fun to do that week. And you can play along! All you have to do is find the question for that week and write a post that day based on that question.

This Week's Topic/Question:
When people ask you why you read so much, what is your answer?




My Answer:

The smart ass in me always wants to haughtily retort, "why are you so willing to admit you don't read and look at me like I'm the one with the problem." But I practice restraint and give them my best "go ahead and be blissfully ignorant" smile. 

All joking aside, I say that reading my first love. Reading is inherent for me. My mother is a bookworm and I'm her only child, so that love is passed along to me. I also started reading at a young age and I've always tested advanced in reading comprehension. I remember being the happiest in school on the says when the book orders I placed through the paper Scholastic newsletters would arrive. And I write poetry and stories to express myself. 

Words are my life. 



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment