Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Tell Me Something Tuesday: Influence of Reviews



Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post that discusses a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by answering the question of the week on your blog.



This Week's Topic/Question:
How critical are reviews in your decision to read a book?

My Answer:
No offense to any of you wonderful bloggers and bibliophiles, but not reviews mean zilch in influencing me to read a book because I HATE SPOILERS. HATE HATE HATE SPOILERS WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND SUNS!!!  I don't read reviews until after I've read a book. 

However, a highly-rated review will pique my interest and I'll read the synopsis on a post. But that's as far as I go; I will do my own spoiler-free investigating elsewhere. At most, I might take a peek at the last paragraph of a review. But even that's risky.




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment