Monday, March 24, 2014

Making Up For Monday: Library Requests




Each week, I will have a book-related theme or game, or something fun to do that week. And you can play along! All you have to do is find the question for that week, go to your own blog, write a post that day based on that question, and link your post to this one using the link up tool at the bottom of the post.

This Week's Question

What books do you have on request at the library?


My Answer:
Okay... so this might sound bad but I don't have any at the moment. Now I'm not saying I do not have a library card because I do. It just doesn't get out much. Mostly because I've been using electronic means as of late. I'm not a purest (prefers physical) or a techie (prefers electronic), I'm just into convenience.



An iPhone is a book lovers' best friend. Through one handy device I've got access to:

  1. Audible -- I'm so addicted to audiobooks, so this is a dream come true.
  2. Blogger -- so NESS is never too far away.
  3. Nook -- ... and her name is Shar
  4. Kindle -- I don't have an actual Kindle; just take advantage of the freebies.
  5. iBooks -- a way to read the ebooks I don't acquire through Amazon.
  6. Goodreads -- because I'm addicted.
  7. Evernote - which I use for everything I write in my blogging, personal and writing life - it's amazing!
I can pretty much manage my reading life through this one app. And there's also my iPod Classic. I've never upgraded because this baby has 120 GBs. So as long as I've got it I can, carry around my audiobook library which is huge... and is also how Harry Dresden hijacked my February reading queue.

In closing, as soon as I can figure out how to get my library's app up and running, I will create a queue! I've also got physical books that I've yet to read spilling out of bags in my house and taking up space in my car. When those are read and on the shelf, I'll start getting library books. Otherwise, it's just going to get messier and messier and I'm going to drown in books.





Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment