Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: My Bookish Bucket List


Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish, as they are "particularly fond of lists".
This Week's Topic:
Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List (could be blogging related, book related etc. -- meeting authors, reading x many books per year, finishing a daunting book, etc.)

My Answer:

#1 - Meet Jim Butcher
I've met Nalini Singh. I've met Richelle Mead. Meeting Jim would make my meeting most favorite authors complete. I love his sense of humor and his writing style so much that I just feel like his personality would be that much more amazing.

Also, he just seems so cool. I mean, come on, just look at that picture!


#2 - Make Custom Meme Graphics
I've taken the time to make sure all other aspects of my blog look alike, so I think it would just make my blog more complete.

#3 - Make My Own Meme
Speaking of that, I'd love to come up with my own meme. I've got some ideas, but I also want to make sure it would be 100% unique.

#4 - Finish 2014 Annual Challenges
I didn't finish many of the reading challenges I signed up for last year. Doing a bunch of monthlies is just too hard for me and got me very frustrated. A lot of the time, the themes didn't align with the book/genre I wanted to be reading. To make life easier on myself, this year I decided to only enroll in three Reading Challenges and they're all annual.

My 2014 Reading Challenges

#5 - Finish My DNF List
I will never make an effort to finish my TBR list. For me, I think it's pointless. Unless I fell out of love with reading, writers stopped writing, or all of the books in the world suddenly disappeared, I don't think my list will ever stop growing.

But my DNF list is probably doable. I've got this habit of stopping about 75% of the way through books that lose my interest. So, technically, I wouldn't have to do too much to get this done.

#6 - Create a Blogging Schedule (... and stick to it!!!)
There's only one master planner in my immediate family ... and it ain't me! My mom is one of those crazy A-personality types who is dangerous with a label maker. I let her into my makeup kit and when I came back, everything was separated into little labeled baggies. I was only momentarily horrified ... in about a week I had destroyed all her hard work. All kidding aside, as the joke is really one me, she gets things done. I feel like all I've done of late is memes which is great but I'd love to put out consistent reviews. A blogging schedule seems like the way to go. 

#7 - Finish Series I've Started
There are quite a few series I've started that I'd like to finish. Luckily, this just so happens to be one of the 2014 Reading Challenges I have. 

#8 - Have My Own Library
When (or if) I ever get my own place, I'd love to have my own library. I imagine it cozy with a window seat or at least with a good natural light source. And if I live somewhere snowy, a big comfy chair and a fireplace. Of course, all that detail probably would entail a lotto win. I'd really just like my own quiet hideaway to read decorated with my favorite bookish swag. 

#9 - Work In A Bookstore
I think this would be an amazing part-time job. If I ever came into money I'd love to own my own bookstore and host all kinds of events. Sounds like a dream!

#10 - Go to a Book Convention
I've never been to Comicon or anything like that, but would have I'd love to when Firefly was a mainstay. Or even now to meet the Game of Thrones cast. But even more than that, attending the RT Booklovers Convention would be amazing! Got to start planning.






Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment