Monday, November 17, 2014

Making Up for Monday: Book Purchases



Each week, there will be a book-related theme or game, or something fun to do that week. And you can play along! All you have to do is find the question for that week and write a post that day based on that question.

This Week's Topic/Question:
How do you choose a book to buy (recommendations, book covers, back summary, etc.)?

My Answer:
My answer is D, all of the above. Or more like E... I need the excetra.

  • Favorite Authors: There is a select few whose new books get an automatic buy no matter the subject matter Jim Butcher, Nalini Singh, Lorelei James, Richelle Mead and Molly Harper White. I've got everything they've published, quite a few in multiple formats.
  • Favorite Narrators: Same goes for my favorite narrators. I've been exposed two a lot of new authors and genres because of my love of audiobooks. Wil Wheaton and James Marsters are my two favorite male narrators with newcomer Luke Daniels making the mix. And I have quite a few more female - Emma Galvin, Cynthia Holloway, Angela Dawe, Scarlet Chase, Cassandra Morris and Amanda Ronconi.
I'm no stranger to all the traditional ways. Recommendations are huge a source o influence, especially now that I follow vloggers and blogger, as well as belong to multiple in-person/online book clubs.

Also I'm a sucker for beauty; covers, that is. I've read many a crap book because the cover was shiny. 

Excluding the word buy, browsing libraries is also a driving force. I always leave with too many to read in the alloted check-out timeframe. Doesn't stop me though...



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment