Monday, March 30, 2015

Making Up for Monday: Authors I Refuse to Read



Each week, there will be a book-related theme or game, or something fun to do that week. And you can play along! All you have to do is find the question for that week and write a post that day based on that question.

This Week's Topic/Question:
Do you have an author who you refuse to read? 


My Answer:
When I first read this topic, in my head I thought instantaneously, "Eric Jerome Dickey." His book, A Wanted Woman has received the most scathing review I've ever written. I've heard rumblings that the book might have a sequel, and I suspect I might buckle and take a peak out of morbid curiosity to see if it's just as bad.  But would I read any of his other books, nope.  

I will not read anymore of Kimberla Lawson Roby's books for the same reason I don't watch Love & Hip Hop or the Real Housewives of Atlanta. I cannot take the stereotypical "Angry Black Woman". I've read two of her books through my book club and encountered these types of characters in bothtwo is enough. 

Stephanie Meyer is up there, too. I guilty pleasure the films, not the books. Never trust someone with limited knowledge on the subject to write paranormal. What do you get sparkly vampires. 



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment