Monday, February 9, 2015

Making Up for Monday: Most Hated School Reads



Each week, there will be a book-related theme or game, or something fun to do that week. And you can play along! All you have to do is find the question for that week and write a post that day based on that question.

This Week's Topic/Question:
What books did you hate reading in school?

My Answer:

The short answer would be what books did I like in school? I didn't like most of the classics I read. Maybe it was youth, but I remember being bored out of my mind. Or angry, very very angry (how anyone can get to the end of The Great Gatsby without wanting to throttle pretty much everyone - especially Daisy - is beyond me).

Maybe if I reread them, I'd feel different. Well, never mind. You couldn't pay me to read A Separate Peace again; that book was a special kind of torture. 

Here are the worst offenders:
  • Old Man in the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
  • A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
  • A Separate Peace by John Knowles
My favorite is easy, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley; no surprise I read almost every dystopian out there.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment