Hosted by Rainy Day Ramblings
Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post that discusses a wide range of topics from books to blogging. Weigh in and join the conversation by answering the question of the week on your blog.
This Week's Topic/Question:
Comfort Reading...what types of books do you grab when you need a pick me up?
I turn to my favorite books. Books that are guaranteed to brighten my day because I love them.
- When I'm in "Romance Mode"
- The Darkest Powers Trilogy by Kelley Armstrong:: I ship Derek and Chloe so, so, so much. I think I'm up to 15 with how many times I've reread the series from start to finish. Never gets old.
- The Contours of the Heart series by Tammara Webber:: Easy was my favorite New Adult book and with Breakable, I fell in love with Lucas all over again.
- Pushing the Limits series by Katie McGarry:: Well written. Well developed. Well done. This series is so raw with emotion. It's fantastic.
- When I'm in "Dim the Lights" mode
- Blacktop Cowboys series by Lorelei James:: Save a horse, ride a cowboy indeed.
- Psy/Changeling series by Nalini Singh:: I love a dash of romance with my Urban Fantasy. With this series, I get so much more. Steamy, sexy times within one of the most intricately-built worlds I've ever experienced. Nalini is a master storyteller!
- When I'm in "Ready for an Adventure" mode
- The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher:: If I could take a man from any story and make him mine; Harry, I'm coming for you. In all seriousness, this has been one hilarious, emotional, shocking and thrilling ride. I love this series so much and the fact that it's coming to its end is equally exciting and bittersweet.
- Ready Player One by Ernie Cline:: When I want something to lift my spirits that's hilarious, nostalgic and full of adventure, this book is what I turn to. Wil Wheaton, the audiobook narrator, is equally important.
- Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale:: Hobey ho, let's go!
- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling:: obvious to all, even those who just saw the movies.
- When I'm in "I Love to Laugh" mode
- All Molly Harper, all the time!