Wednesday, February 25, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Hearts of Fire by L.H. Cosway



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights eagerly-anticipated upcoming releases.


HEARTS OF FIRE
Author: L.H. Cosway (Twitter)
Genres: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 9, 2015

The Circus Spektakulär is proud to present Jack McCabe: Fire-breather, knife-thrower, risk-taker.

My house burned down when I was just a boy, robbing me of both my parents.

Now I breathe fire, eat the poison that almost killed me.

Crowds come to see me night after night. Men for the spectacle, women for the thrill. I’m an oddity to be stared at and desired. With each flame I spit, I risk my life.

I wear scars on my body that will never go away, but the scars inside my head are far more difficult to overlook.

My brother doesn’t know me, and if I have it my way he never will.

Life was going exactly the way I’d planned until Lille came along. She wanted to run away with the circus, have an adventure, but this world was never meant for her.

I try to keep her safe, because she doesn’t know the dangers that are out here on the road. She doesn’t know the monsters that lurk behind the bright lights of the ring. In truth, I could be considered one of them.

We were fashioned from different cloths, never intended to mix. So I watch her. I try not to touch, even when her eyes invite me.

Join us in the Spiegeltent and let us give you a show. Allow my Lille to draw a picture for you in paint and sweat and skin.

The truest love is always the hardest to let in.

This is a standalone romance that tells the story of Jack McCabe, Jay Fields’ long lost, presumed dead brother. It is not necessary to have read Six of Hearts in order to enjoy Hearts of Fire.


Why I Picked It:  I really wanted to read Six of Hearts when I first heard about it. But like so many others, it got buried in my TBR. To know that this is a spinoff of sorts has reignited my interest in Six of Hearts so I can check this out, because the premise alone is a draw.

Hearts of Fire



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment