Thursday, April 10, 2014

Book Blogger Hop: April 11th - 17th — Best Book Marketing Tool?

Book Blogger Hop

Welcome everyone to another post of Book Blogger Hop (hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer). Each week there will be a new topic submit by a blogger and everyone can join in with their answers. You should join us! It's quite fun!


This Week's Topic/Question

What do you think is the best book marketing tool? Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Goodreads? (submitted by Anne)

My Answer:
For me, of the choices, it's a toss up between blogs and Goodreads. Both are trusted places for me to go when I'm looking for something new. With blogs, memes are excellent because I am not a fan of spoilers so I don't have to worry about sifting though reviews that might reveal something. Also seeing what the blog contributors are currently reading helps bulk up my TBR. With Goodreads, I take advantage of looking though the Listopia section which helps with many things -- finding book covers for memes I participate in, learning about upcoming releases and especially searching for books within a certain genre or that fit what I feel like reading at that moment in time.

Anything I'd come across on Twitter, Pinterest or Facebook would be by chance. Since those vehicles are basically "live feeds" unless I'm currently on the site or checking there apps, I miss out on whatever has happened before. I don't spend too much time browsing through past posts. I might go a day or two back at most -- no matter how long it's been since I visited the website. Plus the search functions don't filter enough for me.

Still, I'd have to say, one of the best marketing tools isn't mentioned here -- word of mouth from trusted book-loving friends. I've read a lot more books that I wouldn't have picked for myself based on the recommendations of my fellow bibliophiles.



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment