Sunday, April 27, 2014

Cover Characteristic: Sea Creatures


Hosted by Sugar & Snark

Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favorite cover’s with that characteristic. 





#5
Why I Picked It: I love the pearlescent tail, and how it contrasts with the dark skies and water. 

#4
Author: Sarah Porter
Why I Picked It: I like the contrasting mermaids. The body position says a lot. The one on the bottom is lighter, and to me, that says innocent. The one on the top is posed more confidently and the water around her is darker, so she's more cunning or evil. 

#3
Author:Anna Banks
Why I Picked It: Simple is often better -- definitely the case with this over. Again, I'm a fan of great body position and also of suspended animation in book covers. You get both, along with the gorgeous contrast between the glowing white dress and dark water.


#2
Author: Tiffany Daune
Why I Picked It: My love of suspended animation comes out again. I like how it communicates that she's is between worlds. Everything about the cover says "human world", save for her ease and comfort in the water. And her face breaks the surface. Also, the colors used are perfect; I like how bright the image is.... I could go on and on. It's simply gorgeous!



TitleSiren
Author: John Everson
Genre: Paranormal, Horror, Mermaids
Release Date:  March 21, 2006 


Night after night, Evan walked along the desolate beach, grieving over the loss of his son, drowned in an accident more than a year before. Then one night he was drawn to the luminous sound of a beautiful, naked woman singing near the shore in the moonlight. He watched mesmerized as the mysterious woman disappeared into the sea. Driven by desire and temptation, Evan returned to the spot every night until he found her again. Now he has begun a bizarre, otherworldly affair. A deadly affair. For Evan will soon realize that his seductive lover is a being far more evil…and more terrifying…than he ever imagined. He will learn the danger of falling into the clutches of the… SIREN.

Why I Picked It: I love her expression. It was the first thing that caught my eye other than the way she's coming out of the water, like "mess with me and I will rip you to pieces. It immediately makes me want to know more.










 Siren

Siren




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment