Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon: Mid-Event Survey



Whew hew!!! Halfway done.

What book am I currently reading? I'm still chugging my way through Eleanor & Park! I really like it and I feel like I've slowed my pace to really enjoy it. Should be done fairly soon though. Sadly, I this also means that I have not finished a book thus far.

For the second half of the event, I am most looking forward to finishing to picking up the pace and finishing at least two more books. I'd be happy to cut my TBR list in (mostly) half.

No special arrangements necessary. I am S-I-N-G-L-E. No significant other, no kids, no roommate. Nothing to disrupt, corrupt or interrupt me. Well, except my own meandering mind... my attention wavers.

The only interruption I've had was my own growling stomach and lack of (desirable) food in my place. But I ventured out and should have enough goodies to tie me over.

What's surprised me thus far? Getting a better sense of how many crazy book lovers just like me there are all over the world. I love reading and it's its own reward, but this event has just made me realize how un-alone I really am. Besides the lovely ladies and gents in my book clubs and my mom, I haven't really known too many bibliophiles. It's always annoying getting those blank looks when I say, "All I do is read," like it's a waste of time. But just to knowing that there are so many of us all over the world, it's just wonderful!

Changes for next year? Too early to tell.

My changes for next year? A change of locale. I probably should have done a few hours outside. Plus, I'm realizing how not comfy my bed and couch are... can you stay stiff!

Sleepy? No, not really. I went to be marginally early and got more enough sleep... which is why I missed hours 1-3, lol.

My tips... None Really :( I'm not making as much progress as I thought I would have. Will be happy to see everyone elses.


My Dewey's / Currently-Reading TBR:
  1. Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires, #13) by Rachel Caine
  2. Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward
  3. Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Page
  4. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
  5. Fear (Gone, #5) by Micheal Grant
  6. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  7. The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment