Monday, April 28, 2014

Making Up For Monday: Series Reader?



Each week, there will be a book-related theme or game, or something fun to do that week. And you can play along! All you have to do is find the question for that week and write a post that day based on that question.

This Week's Topic/Question:
Are you a big series reader? If so, what's your favorite?

My Answer:
I prefer reading series over stand-alone books. I love getting to go on a journey with the characters. You get to see how they came to be, how they adapt and change, as well as what their future holds on a grander scale. If I fall in love with a character I want as much of their story as I can get; this more of a guarantee with a series. Length doesn't bother me either, I don't care if it's a trilogy or twenty books. As long as it doesn't continue past it's natural expiration date (*coughs* Chairlaine Harris's Southern Vampire/Sookie Stackhouse series), it's all good.

Also, I've noticed that you're less likely to get an open-ended ending with a series vs a stand-alone book. If a stand alone ends on a cliffhanger, you'll never find out what happened... ever. That frustrates me to no end with stand-alone books. I really feel cheated. 

It's too hard for me to pick a favorite series and if you ask me next week I could give different answers. So instead, I'll give my favorites, by genre, as of today. No surprises to my followers, I'm sure...




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment