Sunday, April 13, 2014

Cover Characteristic: Reapers / Grim Reaper



Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favorite cover’s with that characteristic. If you want to join in and share your 5 favorite covers with the weeks particular characteristic, then just make a post, grab the meme picture (or make your own) and leave your URL here or over at Sugar & Snark.

My Picks This Week:

#5
Author: Michele Vail
Why I Picked It: I've chosen this book before, and I had too choose it again. It's so pretty. The background, the lace, the wind in her hair, her expression... everything comes together to make a beautiful portrait.

#4
Book Title: Death: A Life
Author: George Pendle
Why I Picked It: It's so simple and candid. It captures the essence of the book brilliantly. Just from looking at it, it makes me feel like it's saying, "Hello, I am death and this is my story - plain and simple." That makes me interested.

#3
Book TitleRogue (Croak #3)
AuthorGina Damico
Why I Picked It: It had me at the hoodie.

#2
Author: Darynda Jones
Why I Picked It: I love the formal dress with the converse; I'm addicted to color matching my clothes, so that appealed to me immediately. I also like what the clothing choice says about the character. It communicates that she's sassy and that even though she's a grim reaper, she's still herself. 

My Favorite Pick:


Book Title: A Dirty Job
Genre: Humor, Fantasy, Paranormal
Release Date:  March 21, 2006 

  A Dirty Job


Charlie Asher is a pretty normal guy. A little hapless, somewhat neurotic, sort of a hypochondriac. He's what's known as a Beta Male: the kind of fellow who makes his way through life by being careful and constant -- you know, the one who's always there to pick up the pieces when the girl gets dumped by the bigger/taller/stronger Alpha Male.

But Charlie's been lucky. He owns a building in the heart of San Francisco, and runs a secondhand store with the help of a couple of loyal, if marginally insane, employees. He's married to a bright and pretty woman who actually loves him for his normalcy. And she, Rachel, is about to have their first child.

Yes, Charlie's doing okay for a Beta. That is, until the day his daughter, Sophie, is born. Just as Charlie -- exhausted from the birth -- turns to go home, he sees a strange man in mint-green golf wear at Rachel's hospital bedside, a man who claims that no one should be able to see him. But see him Charlie does, and from here on out, things get really weird. . . .

People start dropping dead around him, giant ravens perch on his building, and it seems that everywhere he goes, a dark presence whispers to him from under the streets. Strange names start appearing on his nightstand notepad, and before he knows it, those people end up dead, too. Yup, it seems that Charlie Asher has been recruited for a new job, an unpleasant but utterly necessary one: Death. It's a dirty job. But hey, somebody's gotta do it.

Christopher Moore, the man whose Lamb served up Jesus' "missing years" (with the funny parts left in), and whose Fluke found the deep humor in whale researchers' lives, now shines his comic light on the undiscovered country we all eventually explore -- death and dying -- and the results are hilarious, heartwarming, and a hell of a lot of fun.



How can you not like this cover? It's just so gosh-darn cute! I don't read much humor, but I think I'd give this one a whirl since it has the paranormal aspect.




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment