Sunday, April 20, 2014

Cover Characteristic - Ghosts


Hosted by Sugar & Snark

Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favorite cover’s with that characteristic. 

My Picks This Week:


#5
Book TitleRuined (Ruined #1)
Author: Paula Morris
Why I Picked It: I love that this simple cover makes a cemetery look beautiful and ethereal. It's so wrong, but so right. 

#4
Book Title: Scarlett Dedd
Author: Cathy Brett
Why I Picked It: This cover makes a creepy setting look really playful. Perhaps it's the the fact that the ghostly protangonist is a child? Not sure, but I really like it.

#3
AuthorKendare Blake
Why I Picked It: Even though this book is currently on my DNF book, I still really love the cover. I love seeing movement in hair so that caught my attention immediately. There's something very romantic about the cover, as well.

#2
Book Title:  Won't Let Go 
Author: Avery Olive
Why I Picked It: A ghostly love story. I think that this cover is simple and gorgeous. I really like how they're touching hands and how the circle element brings them even closer. 

My Favorite Pick:


TitleFake An Injury Day
Book Series: Spirit Week, Book #1
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Ghosts
Release Date:  March 21, 2006 

  Fake An Injury Day (Spirit Week #1) by Alshia Delores Moyez


Fake An Injury Day Nerd Day Western Day Punk Day Bum Day Service Day

6 Spirit Week days. 6 painful ways to die

5 high-schoolers accept a dare : a thousand dollars to pay for their Homecoming float if they spend the night in haunted Christopher High School. But a single day becomes 7 as they find themselves trapped...and it's Spirit Week at Christopher High School. Each day brings a lethal theme that threatens to pick off these friends one by one.

Fake-an-injury Day has new meaning in this first book of a chilling high school series.




It's a bit creepy, it's a bit disturbingbut I dig it. I love how the whole cover is very dark and grey and then there's the very intense, neon-teal eye. Also, I am really intrigued with the concept of this book. Sounds great, but I am not 100% convinced it can span into a series with such a small cast.




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment