Sunday, April 27, 2014

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon: End of Event Meme


I made it... sorta. The hour I found most daunting most definitely was Hour 21. I "took a nap", which ultimately ended my Read-a-thon. I should have just braved through it... oh well, live and learn.

High interest books that I think people would love would be Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. It was the first book I finished, and was so sweet. It kept me laughing and smiling, I loved it. Also, The audiobook for The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I don't know why I didn't listen to my inner voice when it told me to take a breather on the heavy reading and sit back and relax with the audiobook. The author, Jim Dale, does a fabulous job bringing this magical, beautiful-written story to life.


Changes for next year... at this point, I don't have any. I'd have to think about it more. I have more changes that I'd do on a personal level, rather than on an event level.

I read two books, Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell and The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu. My favorite of the two was definitely Eleanor and Park. I will be reading more from this author, for sure. I need a better strategy for next year. I spent a lot of time breaking for hourly updates and also trying to do blog posts for each hourly event. I think that ate up a lot of time. I'll also schedule a nap; apparently, I needed one.

My changes for next year? A change of locale. I probably should have done a few hours outside. Plus, I'm realizing how not comfy my bed and couch are... can you stay stiff!

Would I do this again next year? Yes, absolutely! I'd be a reader again; I'd need to get a few under my belt before I'd consider a new role.



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment